CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!
SAVE THE DATE – THE 2017 CSEB CONFERENCE
May 30 – June 2, 2017
Banff Centre, Banff, Alberta
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A CSEB MEMBER TODAY!
The CSEB membership includes over 300 epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and students across Canada and internationally.
Becoming a member is easy and affordable!
Be a part of this growing network and experience the benefits of membership, including:
- Free or discounted access to CSEB webinars, workshops, conferences, and travel grants
- Notifications of job postings and important events
- Professional development, mentorship, and networking opportunities
- Contribution to the advancement of your profession
CSEB YOUTUBE CHANNEL
“Careers in Epidemiology & Biostatistics: Preparing for the Job Market” – A CSEB Webinar presented by Dr. Thy Dinh and Dr. Mark Oremus of the CSEB. Download presentation slides from here.
“Pitfalls of Academic Publishing: What You Need To Know About Choosing A Journal” – A CSEB webinar presented by Jeanette Hatherill. Scholarly Communication Librarian at the University of Ottawa.
Want to advance your career and learn marketable new research skills?
Explore what the Population Health Data Analysis Certificate (PHDA) can do for you!
Designed for those who work in health or social sciences fields, this program provides an excellent opportunity to revitalize your current career, earn professional development credits* or get started in a rapidly diversifying field. This unique program offers:
- A flexible, fully online format
- A diverse set of analytic courses
- *Applied Pro D training
Apply now for the Professional Specialization Certificate in Population Health Data Analysis or take up to two stand-alone courses listed below for professional development starting Sept 2016.
Do you want to develop skills in the use of administrative data?
PHDA01: Working with Administrative Data provides an excellent orientation to get you on the right track.
- Learn how admin data is used for research
- Develop a data dictionary for your analytic data set
- Gain basic statistical analysis skills to work with admin data
- Use ‘real-world’ admin health data and practice SAS skills via our remotely-accessed Secure Research Training Lab
Looking to understand the intricacies of spatial health data, exposure assessment methods and related analytic approaches in health research?
PHDA 04: Spatial Epidemiology and Outbreak Detection is a great place to start!
- Explore the particularities of working with geographic data and exposure assessment
- Gain valuable skills in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for population health research
- Learn analytic techniques for disease mapping, visualizing space-time data and small area health studies
- Practice hands-on skills using ‘real-world’ data via our remotely- accessed Secure Research Training Lab
*The skills acquired in PHDA 01 and 04 align with the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals and are eligible for 10 Professional Development (CPE) credits with CHIMA and CIPHI.
These fully online, non-credit courses are offered as a partnership between Population Data BC, the University of Victoria, Division of Continuing Studies and the Department of Geography.
Note: Registration is open until August 18, subject to availability. Please review program eligibility requirements prior to registering.